Monday, May 21, 2007

It's gonna take a lot to take me away, from you









The second picture is a picture of the president of Mozambique. We went and heard him gave a speech last week.
The next picture is with Malangatana, one of the most famous artists/poets in Mozambique. He have now been to his house in the city as well as his house out in the little village he was born in (thats where this picture was taken).
We then have the African drumming we went to one night.
Brian rides the chapa in the next picture. It is there mode of public transporation. I have been in it once were we put 22 people in that little van.
I got third place in musical chairs.
My team dominated in ultimate frisbee.
The little kids will come and hang out with you the entire day at the beach hoping you'll give them some money to leave you alone.
Everything is going well in Mozambique. I haven't gotten Malaria yet and I'm still having a great time. I'm learning a lot about the culture and people here. Next week we are off to Swaziland and Kruger National Park to go on a safari. I am so excited to go and kick it with the giraffes and rhinos. I'll try to get some more pictures up after that. Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Brian,
    Thanks so much for posting these photos and giving us an update. The title of your post brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait for your next update. You were missed this weekend at the big birthday bash.
    love you, dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you working or just having a good time? Keep it up, what ever you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Keep up the good work not getting malaria & I definately look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete