Thursday, April 21, 2011

Jack's Soccer Debut & John's Coaching Debut

John is coaching Jack's 6 and under team - which is also known as Jack and the four cute girls.  The game is played 3 on 3 with no goalie.  This game had all the drama you would expect from 4 and 5 year olds.  Own goals, hand balls, shin guards on the outside of the socks, wrong way runs, stealing the ball from teammates and more.  A ton of fun.

 The nervous coach reviewing his game plan

 Looks like Jack might have his first ever break-away going

 He's in the box....

 He shoots...

 He scores....  Gooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll 

 High Fives for all

 The fans were nervously watching the scoreboard.

 Isabel might have missed some the the action, but that matters not because she is so dang cute!


 Eyes down field, foot on the ball, just like my coach taught me.

 That ball is rolling too fast, I think I'll just reach down and slow it down with my hand.

"Good Game.  Hey I'm sorry I'm such a bust as a coach.  I didn't bring any Capri Suns or Orange Slices - but Beth does have some fun fruits so all is not lost."

1 comment:

  1. There are some mad skills being demonstrated by Jack on the soccer field. I'm in talks with the EIU soccer coach about offering him a scholarship.

    ReplyDelete