Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

The puzzlers really hit it hard today to finish the puzzle of Lake Powell. The built-in flash on my new camera doesn't work and apparently I hit the self-timer getting set up with the on-camera flash so Sam and the others were really laughing at me when the pictures were taken but at least it proves they were able to get it put together.

Second try with the self-timer on by mistake.

First try of getting the puzzlers with the camera set on "self-timer."

Proof that the Lake Powell puzzle was all put together.

We enjoyed a great Thanksgiving this year with about 36 here for dinner Thursday evening plus 3 others later for dessert. The grandkids put a Charlie Brown puzzle together downstairs, Alex and Joel serenaded us via the player piano and the rest of us just visited and let the meal settle. Mary and her girls were up early on Friday to hit the sales at 4:00 am and Norda and I even went out to Kohl's at about 10:30 to buy three things but ended up adding an "impulse buy" of a sweater for me also. The only problem is that we got a $10 gift certificate that has to be used by December 1st so we may or may not have to make another trip there - spend money to save money I guess.
The food was a joint venture - many thanks to all who helped. Our hope is that everyone in the family enjoyed the holiday as much as we did. We are really looking forward to seeing you all at Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Only 36? That sounds like a pretty manageable number for the Twin Pines Diner. It looks like fun and good food was had by all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sam's face, she is laughing so hard! Eventhough it's pretty mean to laugh at Grandpa, it still makes a really funny picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay first of all I wasn't laughing at grandpa I was laughing because the camera wasn't cooperating. Grandpa was PERFECT! Thanks for making me feel bad!

    SAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were laughing with Grandpa! I only helped with the last part, but I still wanted to be in the picture... It was a fun Thanksgiving thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that laughing with Grandpa is totally acceptable. It's a picture that makes me smile no matter how many times I look at it. :)

    ReplyDelete