Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Recent surgery


I know I have already sent this along to most of you but decided maybe I needed to post it on the blog for the record. Norda actually took two pictures with the new digital camera (we are both still trying to figure it out) so I am including both of them. The surgery went well and I don't have any real pain but Dr. Sharma, who does most of the melanoma surgery in the state, must have decided it was too awkward to bandage so he has just "let it all hang out." I am wearing a pull over with a high collar todayso it won't offend anyones sensibilities if they happen to see me. I will probably do the same thing tomorrow at Rotary, the CVCA board, and The Irving Mayfield New Orleans Jazz orchestra presentation at the Ellen Eccles Theatre. At least I will be able to wash my hair when I shower tomorrow. I will have the stitches removed next Wednesday and get the path report then but in the meantime I am assuming that everything will indicate no residual tumor. More news later on that. After the scar has fully retracted I will probably have Norda take an "after" picture so you can see how much improvement has taken place. Stay tuned for further details!

3 comments:

  1. ouch! Glad you survived. Make sure you offer Tom a Dr. Pepper next time he stops by.

    Now would somebody hurry up and make a new post so we can get these lovely pictures off the top?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week too late for Halloween but a way cool scar nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polly just walked over & took a look at Grandpa's stiches. I said, "That's Grandpa, what happened?" She looked at me & said (with very sympathetic eyes) "Papa, bonk," so it looks like you have her sympathies. She also could have been referring to her own bruise from a scooter accident yesterday involving her 3 older cousins, of course. :) Either way, I think she knows more than I give her credit for.

    ReplyDelete